This is a simple recipe with one of the easiest to digest beans; adzuki beans. I love them.
1 onion, finely chopped
3 sticks of celery, sliced
1 zucchini, chopped
2 carrots, sliced
2 – 5 garlic cloves, minced
1- 2 inches of fresh ginger, chopped
1 1/2 cups adzuki beans
3 pieces of Wakame Seaweed, rinsed and broken into pieces
2 – 6 tbsp. Tamari
Few drops of Stevia (optional)
1. Cook adzuki beans for 1 – 2 hours the time is dependant on the age of the beans.
2. When beans are soft, add Wakame and cook for another few minutes.
3. Then add onions, celery, zucchini, carrots, ginger and garlic.
4. Simmer for 1/2 hour or till vegetables are tender.
5. Add Tamari to taste and a few drops of stevia.
6. Serve with a whole grain.
Check out the Nutrition Facts on a Serving Size 1/4 cup (48g) of Adzuki beans!
Calories 160 Protein 11g
Total Fat 0.5g Potassium 600mg
Dietary Fiber 6g Sugars 0g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
To learn more about the benefits and how to avoid the gas experience of beans go to: Beans, Beans and more Beans