Made with buckwheat noodles.
This is a sweet soup with beets with a hint of orange flavour giving it an interesting twist.
2 medium beets
2 medium carrots, sliced into rounds
1 tablespoon sesame or almond oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon sweet marjoram
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup sugar snap peas, strung
4 cups water
1 tablespoon grated fresh orange rind
3/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
4 teaspoons sour cream (optional)
- Cut the beets into bite size chunks.
- In a stock pot over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Sauté the onion until it is translucent.
- Add marjoram and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add beets, carrots, onion mixture and water.
- Cook the soup, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar snap peas.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add orange rind, and stir well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup with dollops of sour cream if desired.
Note: This recipe is specific for our Healthy and Lean BootCamp. Knowing how to make it is one thing, but knowing WHEN and WITH WHAT other recipes to combine it with, is what boosts your digestion and creates healthy slimness.
That is what we leaned on the Healthy & Lean BootCamp, which can now be enjoyed at any time – not just on the weekend. Check it out here…
Healthy & Lean BootCamp
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
1 cup water
1 cup almond milk or rice milk
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Vege salt or Spike
- Simmer the peas in 1 cup of water till soft.
- Add salt, almond milk and olive oil.
- Puree in a blender.
to read all the health benefits of peas go to 10 Health Benefits of Peas
Other Delicious Pea Recipes:
Easy Creamy Peas: Yum!
Chinese Vegetables: Diana’s version of an already healthy dish with sugar snap peas.
Peas As A Side Dish: How a side is dish supposed to taste!
Steamed Vegetables: Has snap peas in it.
- 4 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Few drops of stevia
- Blend watermelon, lemon juice, mint, and stevia in a blender until smooth.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- Sprinkle chopped mint on top of bowls of soup.
Discover all the health benefits of watermelon at: Watermelon Health Benefits
Millet is just ONE of the foods you will learn to use properly at my Weekend Web Alkalizing Bootcamp