Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe: dairy free and gluten free… and yummy!
1 bunch asparagus (2cups, chopped)
1 large onion, sliced in large slices
1 – 2 stalks of celery
1-2 cloves garlic (optional)
1 cup water
2 cups almond milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 mashed ripe avocado
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Chop the asparagus reserving the tips.
2. Put the asparagus, onion, garlic, celery and water in a large saucepan.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and cook another 15 min or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Put contents of saucepan into blender.
5. Add almond milk, avocado and lemon juice.
6. Process until smooth.
7. Return the soup to the saucepan and add the asparagus tips.
8. Cook over medium heat until the soup thickens and is heated through.
9. Season to taste with salt and fresh cracked pepper. Serve.
Read all about the 9 Health Benefits of Asparagus
We use asparagus in our Spring Cleanse BootCamp!
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Taught cooking classes worldwide. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.