Here is a fun crunchy salad for any time when you would like a more filling salad.
4 medium carrots
pieces of celery
1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds, soaked or roasted
- Roast the pumpkin seeds in a hot pan (no oil)
- When they are golden remove from the heat
- Drizzle Braggs Seasoning or tamari on them
- Coarsely grate carrots
- Slice radishes into half moons
- Slice celery
- Cut the fennel into quarters and then slice thinly (also use the fennel greens)
- Serve with a healthy salad dressings; there are a couple in the chapter: ‘Real Food Recipes’ and ‘Greens for You Recipes’
Note: This recipe is specific for our 2-5-30 Healthy Diets. We use it mostly in our winter and fall.
Check it out here by clicking on this link: 2-5-30 Healthy Diet.
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Have been teaching cooking classes worldwide since 1982. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.