There is a controversy about whether oats is a gluten grain. There have been recent studies showing that oats are not the source of a celiac reaction. Here is one such study: http://www.celiac.com/New-Study-Shows-Eating-Oats-Safe-for-Patients-with-Celiac-Disease
The research is saying that milled oats are often contaminated with gluten grains.
“It is now generally accepted that non-contaminated gluten-free oats are safe for a celiac disease diet, with the exception of a small minority of celiacs who may have an additional intolerance to Avenin.” Says: www.Celiac.com on Oats
Note:If you are considering going gluten free or wondering if you should
- Read Diana’s article on the Dangers of Common Gluten Free Products
- Read the article: Do You Need to Eat a Gluten Free Diet with Dr. Oz’s self test.
- Read 11 Gluten Free Grains to better understand some of the alternatives and their many benefits.
- Check out some of Diana’s gluten free recipes by going to the categories section on the right sidebar and finding ‘gluten free’. You can also do a search from the right sidebar.
- Consider doing a Healthy BootCamp. All of the recipes your receive for the BootCamp will be gluten free and particularly the upcoming Healthy Baking BootCamp which focuses on gluten free baking.
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Have been teaching cooking classes worldwide since 1982. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.
Tags: gluten free oats