Lentil soup has all the benefits of the mighty powerfood lentils plus much more. And it tastes great.
1 large onion, chopped
3-6 garlic cloves, chopped
2 pieces celery, chopped
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 cup green whole lentils: soak over night and cook according to directions here: Cooking Beans & Lentils
1 piece Kombu*
2 carrots, diced
3-5 tsp salt
1 tsp each of thyme and basil
3 tsp marjoram
- Soak lentils overnight and follow instructions: Cooking Beans & Lentils (if you would like to have gas free lentils)
- Sauté onion, garlic and celery in oil.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- Remove Kombu and chop; return to soup.
- Serve in bowls garnished sprigs of fresh parsley.
* Kombu is seaweed makes beans more digestible but you could easily leave it out.
Copyright © Diana Herrington You are welcome to share this article with anyone who you think may benefit from this information as long as you give credit to Real Food for Life by including the link to the home page www.RealFoodforLife.com or the direct link to this post.
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Have been teaching cooking classes worldwide since 1982. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.