2 medium onions (yellow ones are best), peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
1 – 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 – 4 tablespoons Sesame Oil or Clarified butter (ghee)
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
4 tsp arrowroot
2 – 3 tsp Tamari
1 1/2 c water
• Sauté onion in oil in a frying pan, on medium high heat until rich golden brown.
• Add garlic and sauté on medium low heat for 2 minutes.
• Now, add marjoram, thyme and balsamic vinegar.
• Add 1 cup of water to the onion mixture, stir and simmer for a few minutes on low heat.
• Mix arrowroot into 1/2 cup water.
• Stir the arrowroot mixture into the onion mixture.
• Turn heat up to medium and continue to stir while the mixture boils for a few minutes. It will become translucent with a creamy consistency of gravy.
• You can add more water to create the desired consistency.
• Add tamari and pepper to taste.
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Taught cooking classes worldwide. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.