What I like about this raw avocado dip is that it is full of vegetables; adding the celery makes it crunchy and not so rich as well as healthier.
AVOCADO VEGETABLE DIP
1 ripe avocado, peeled & pitted
1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
1 – 2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tomato, chopped
Spike Salt to taste
1. Mash avocado.
2. Add celery and lemon juice and mix in well.
3. Gently mix in chopped tomato.
4. Season with Spike salt to taste.
5. Place in serving bowl on a plate surround with cucumber rounds, slices of radishes and corn chips.
This is a creamy dip that is also dairy free.
BUTTER BEAN DIP
1 cup butter beans (cooked)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1-2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
Salt to taste
A few sprigs of fresh parsley, chopped
Olives & watercress or parsley for garnish
1. Mash butter beans until smooth and creamy.*
2. Add rest of ingredients.
3. Mix together until well-blended.
4. Adjust seasoning to taste (salt, Lemon juice, olive oil, garlic).
5. Put into a decorative bowl and garnish with olives & watercress.
6. Serve with corn chips or whole meal crackers.
* you could use a blender, when I developed this recipe I did not have one by choice!
Copyright © Diana Herrington You are welcome to share this article with anyone who you think may benefit from this information as long as you give credit to Real Food for Life by including the link to the home page www.RealFoodforLife.com or the direct link to this post.
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Taught cooking classes worldwide. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.