This is one of those recipes that originated in my hippy days in the Kootenays of British Columbia, Canada.
We had a variety of flavours of ‘Bliss Balls’; this was a favorite. It did have lots of honey in it though which I reduced the quantity. You can replace it with rice syrup. Also, it had wheat germ in it which I replaced to make it gluten free.
3/4 cup honey
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup coconut
1 cup toasted sunflower seeds
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds (for rolling)
1/4 cup currants
- Blend honey and peanut butter.
- Mix in remaining ingredients except sesame seeds.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Roll balls in sesame seeds.
- Set on a plate or cookie sheet and let them form for 2 hours.
- Then store in an airtight container, each layer on parchment paper, in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Have been teaching cooking classes worldwide since 1982. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.