This is one of those recipes that originated in my hippy days in the Kootenays of British Columbia, Canada.
We had a variety of flavours of ‘Bliss Balls’; this was a favorite. It did have lots of honey in it though which I reduced the quantity. I did replace it with rice syrup but since have discovered it is not a good alternative due to it being full of toxins. Also, it had wheat germ in it which I replaced to make it gluten free.
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds (for rolling)
- 1/4 cup currants
- Blend honey and peanut butter.
- Mix in remaining ingredients except sesame seeds.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Roll balls in sesame seeds.
- Set on a plate or cookie sheet and let them form for 2 hours.
- Then store in an airtight container, each layer on parchment paper, in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.