This is one of those recipes that originated in my hippy days in the Kootenays of British Columbia, Canada.
We had a variety of flavours of ‘Bliss Balls’; this was a favorite. It did have lots of honey in it though which I reduced the quantity. You can replace it with rice syrup. Also, it had wheat germ in it which I replaced to make it gluten free.
3/4 cup honey
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup coconut
1 cup toasted sunflower seeds
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds (for rolling)
1/4 cup currants
- Blend honey and peanut butter.
- Mix in remaining ingredients except sesame seeds.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Roll balls in sesame seeds.
- Set on a plate or cookie sheet and let them form for 2 hours.
- Then store in an airtight container, each layer on parchment paper, in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.