This is an easy powerfood soup to make.
You will be amazed by the great taste. It’s truly unique!
The recipe evolved when making a birthday dinner for my sister last week.
It was only minutes before she arrived that I decided to do the last step of blending which made the soup special.
Click here to learn more about Lentils. It was named one of the 5 most healthy foods on the planet!
1 large onion, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 – 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 bay leaves
1 cup red lentils (7 ounces), picked over and rinsed (soaked over night is best with water poured off)
3 cups water
1 tsp thyme
3 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
6 inch strip wakame seaweed broken into small pieces
2 – 3 tsp Braggs seasoning
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Cook lentils until lentils are very soft and falling apart; approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
2. Saute onion in oil with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened.
3. Add garlic, bay leaf, marjoram and thyme and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
4. Add onion mixture and seaweed to lentils and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Discard bay leaves, then purée mixture in blender (use caution when blending hot liquids) and return to pan.
6. Add juice of lemon; then season with braggs seasoning and black pepper.
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Have been teaching cooking classes worldwide since 1982. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.