Gluten Free Delight
Here is my version of Chili, which is always enjoyed whenever I make it.
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 mushrooms, sliced, optional
1 – 3 cloves garlic
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. oregano
1/4 – 1 tsp cayenne pepper*
1 tsp paprika
3 carrots, thinly sliced
3 cups cooked kidney beans and water (cook according to recipe: http://realfoodforlife.com/cooking-beans/)
4 tsp. soya sauce or tamari.
1 green pepper, sliced or 1 cup chopped kale
3 tomatoes, chopped.
- Sauté onion, mushrooms, garlic till golden on medium heat.
- Add cumin, coriander and oregano and saute for a minute.
- Add carrots, cooked kidney beans with 1 cup of the bean water, soya sauce and green pepper.
- Cook till vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
- Cook on medium heat until thick like consistency of gravy, adding more water if necessary.
* Cayenne is easier on the digestive system then chili and there is lots of literature saying it is very good for one’s health. But you could use Chili powder or fresh chopped chilies. I actually make this without any pepper as that is my preference but when I put the recipe together I new that the people I was making it for would have been very disappointed had there been no heat in the Chili! Use as much as you like.
To learn more about the benefits and how to avoid the gas experience of beans go to: Beans, Beans and more Beans
Copyright © Diana Herrington You are welcome to share this article with anyone who you think may benefit from this information as long as you give credit to Real Food for Life by including the link to the home page www.RealFoodforLife.com or the direct link to this post.
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Have been teaching cooking classes worldwide since 1982. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.