This recipe produces one of the healthiest chocolate treats you will find. It also tastes better than the commercial stuff you end up buying! This is one of the few chocolates that I make without any of the other healthy sugars and it is not for everyone. Only those who like a very dark chocolate will appreciate the flavour.
- Combine chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or carefully in saucepan.
- Heat until all the chocolate and coconut oil is melted.
- Add the stevia.
- Mix in vanilla extract after removing from heat.
- Line an 8 inch square pan or bread tin with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle evenly in the pan the walnuts and raisins.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture over the raisins and walnuts.
- Let cool in refrigerator or freezer.
- Once set, cut into squares.
- Store in covered container. Can also be stored in refrigerator or freezer, if desired.
* Sunny Dew is best
Here is another dark chocolate recipe that is a little less intense!
Give Healthy Chocolate as Gifts for Your Family and Friends.
Learn how to make an assortment of amazingly delicious chocolates that’s actually healthy for you. Each of them uses small quantities of healthy sugars such as honey, coconut sugar, rice syrup or agave syrup.
Check out the Healthy Chocolate Project
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Have been teaching cooking classes worldwide since 1982. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.