I just love walnuts! They add extra nutrition, flavor and crunch to any meal.
9 Benefits of Walnuts:
- Omega-3 fatty acids, thought to reduce risk of cancer (1/4 cup provides 90.8% of the daily value for these essential fats).
- Filled with good protein; a small serving has more protein than an egg.
- rich source of minerals (manganese, copper, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium).
- Antioxidants, yet are have not trans fats or cholesterol.
- Walnuts along with pecans and chestnuts have the highest antioxidant content of the tree nuts, with walnuts delivering more than 20 mmol antioxidants per 3 ounces (100 grams)
- Are high in vitamin E.
- Are excellent for the heart and circulatory system. (many studies prove this)
- packed with Vitamin B (riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates).
- Dr Oz says they are his favorite as long as they are soaked.
Copyright ©Diana Herrington You are welcome to share this article with anyone who you think may benefit from this information as long as you give credit to Real Food for Life by including the link to the home page www.RealFoodforLife.com or the direct link to this post.