Drink Enough Water for Peak Energy and Health
In the morning we are breaking-the-fast.
I was at a health talk in 1997 when I learned what to do first thing in the morning.
It is good for the body to drink a cup of warm or hot water first thing without anything in it. It is the best way to break-the-fast from the night and cleanse.
Why and What happens when we drink water first:
- It is important that the water has nothing in it so that is passes through right away. If it contains anything at all, it will stay in your stomach up to one hour so that does not work well.
- The water cleanses, flushing out all in your digestive system and kidney and bladder.
- Drink warm or hot water as it is gentler on the empty stomach.
Over the years I gradually increased my one cup to two cups of hot or warm water. Five years ago when I was at a talk with with a woman from the Indian tradition of healing she asked who in the room drank hot water first thing in the morning? I was in a room full of health-conscious people and all of them put their hands up. Then she asked who drank two cups and I was the only one. Now I drink 3 cups first thing most mornings.
My suggestion is, if you do not do this already:
- Start with one cup of warm or hot water.
- Gradually increase it to two cups.
- Over time you can increase it to three cups.
- Drink purified water as most tap water is full of chemicals.
- If at any point you feel like you are gagging on the water or feeling nauseous; stop as there is no point forcing. What is happening is your body is cleansing; toxins are being released.
It is important that the water has nothing in it as I said above to help the body detox.
Happy drinking to you! What do YOU do? Please leave your comments and results below so others can benefit.
It is important to Drink Water at the correct times.
Drinking water at certain time maximizes it’s effectiveness on the body:
- 2 – 3 glasses of water after waking up – helps activate internal organs.
- 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal – helps digestion.
- 1 glass of water before taking a bath – helps lower blood pressure.
- 1 glass of water before going to bed – avoids stroke or heart attack.
The above drinking times is according to a cardiac specialist.
Alkaline Clean Safe Water is a good addition to your daily drinking.
Tapp Water Filter for Africa The wonderful thing about this filter is that when I bought one, a family in a developing country got one too.
Lemon Water - AKA Sugar Free Lemon-Aid is a good drink to add after your morning water.