It took me FIVE TIMES to get this recipe just right!
All my happy taste testers liked it right away but I knew it could be even better…and the following recipe is.
This is a deeply satisfying cake filled with healthy ingredients. Apples being one of them!
Apple Cake – Vegan Gluten Free (dairy & egg free)
2 cups fresh apples + 1/2 cup sliced apples for top 1/2 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
1/2 cup rice syrup 1 tsp stevia 4 Tbsp chick pea or soy flour 1 cup brown rice flour 1/2 cup Potato flour 1/2 cup arrowroot starch 5 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp sea salt 2/3 cup water or 1/2 cup if you like a drier cake. 3 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Oil and lightly flour 8” X 8”cake pan.
3. Chop 2 cups of apples into one inch pieces.
4. Sprinkle apples with 2 tsp of cinnamon.
5. Slice 1/2 cup apples into slices to decorate the top of the cake.
6. Blend vegetable oil, rice syrup, and water in blender.
7. Mix flours, baking powder and sea salt in a separate bowl.
I am the head chef at Real Food for Life and author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.