Practice Makes Perfect!
It took me FIVE TIMES to get this recipe just right!
All my happy taste testers liked it right away but I knew it could be even better…and the following recipe is.
This is a deeply satisfying cake filled with healthy ingredients. Apples being one of them!
Apple Cake – Vegan Gluten Free (dairy & egg free)
2 cups fresh apples + 1/2 cup sliced apples for top
1/2 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
1/2 cup rice syrup
1 tsp stevia
4 Tbsp chick pea or soy flour
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup Potato flour
1/2 cup arrowroot starch
5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
2/3 cup water or 1/2 cup if you like a drier cake.
3 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Oil and lightly flour 8” X 8”cake pan.
3. Chop 2 cups of apples into one inch pieces.
4. Sprinkle apples with 2 tsp of cinnamon.
5. Slice 1/2 cup apples into slices to decorate the top of the cake.
6. Blend vegetable oil, rice syrup, and water in blender.
7. Mix flours, baking powder and sea salt in a separate bowl.
8. Add chopped apples to dry flour mixture.
9. Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients.
10. Mix quickly.
11. Immediately pour batter into cake pan.
12. Decorate top of cake with apples.
13. Sprinkle 1 tsp cinnamon on top of apples.
14. Bake at 375º F. oven for 35 To 40 minutes.
To top this cake off ice it with Coconut Butter Icing
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Have been teaching cooking classes worldwide since 1982. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.