A delicious stuffing makes a the holiday meal special and memorial. Try this gluten free, healthy recipe and you will satisfy both the difficult and easy to please!
1/2 cup ghee (clarified butter) or coconut oil
2 large onions, peeled, chopped
1 whole bunch of celery, chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 cup dried cranberries soaked in water overnight
3/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp teaspoon Sage
1 tsp teaspoon Thyme
1 tsp teaspoon Savory
1 loaf gluten free bread (tear into pieces & leave out over night in a large bowl)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 Tablespoons Flax Meal
1/4 cup water
1. Melt 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion; sauté until translucent. Remove from pan.
3. Now melt 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat.
4. Add celery; sauté until tender.
5. Stir in sage, thyme, salt, pepper.
6. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
7. Add remaining stuffing ingredients; mix well.
8. If too dry add some more water.
9. Put in a large baking dish with a lid.
10. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Note: The celery in this recipe has amazing benefits. It is alkalizing, easy to digest, high in fiber and low in calories.
This recipe is soo good that I have included it in one of my mini 2-5-30 Healthy Diet Courses.
It is also the kind of recipe you learn to combine in my Fancy Five Course Vegetarian Meal