1/2 cup ghee (clarified butter) or coconut oil
2 large onions, peeled, chopped
1 whole bunch of celery, chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 cup dried cranberries soaked in water overnight
3/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp teaspoon Sage
1 tsp teaspoon Thyme
1 tsp teaspoon Savory
1 loaf gluten free bread (tear into pieces & leave out over night in a large bowl)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 Tablespoons Flax Meal
1/4 cup water
1. Melt 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion; sauté until translucent. Remove from pan.
3. Now melt 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat.
4. Add celery; sauté until tender.
5. Stir in sage, thyme, salt, pepper.
6. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
7. Add remaining stuffing ingredients; mix well.
8. If too dry add some more water.
9. Put in a large baking dish with a lid.
10. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Note: The celery in this recipe has amazing benefits. It is alkalizing, easy to digest, high in fiber and low in calories.
This recipe is soo good that I have included it in one of my mini 2-5-30 Healthy Diet Courses.
It is also the kind of recipe you learn to combine in my Fancy Five Course Vegetarian Meal
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Have been teaching cooking classes worldwide since 1982. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.