Creamy Chickpea Pie Filling
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. coriander
1/4 tsp. cardamom
1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
4 Tbsp. Tahini (light)
1. Saute onion, cumin, coriander, and cardamom in a little vegetable oil.
2. Add chickpeas and Tahini.
3. Mix together, adding more water if necessary for a creamy sauce.
4. Set aside.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Pour into Rice Pie Shell.
Bake at 450º for 25 – 35 minutes.
Rice Pie Shell
1 cup cooked short grain brown rice
2 Tbsp. Chick Pea flour
2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
1/2 to 2/3 cup water
1. Oil pie pan well.
2. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
3. Add a little water to rice and chickpea flour to form a sticky dough-like mixture.
4. Press rice into pan to form a pie shell.
5. Pour in Creamy Chickpea Pie Filling.
6. Bake at 450 F for 25 - 35 minutes.
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Have been teaching cooking classes worldwide since 1982. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.