This recipe really is my version of pancakes as you will notice that it has no milk or eggs in it. I developed it when I was unable to eat eggs or milk at all due to food sensitivities. Interestingly whenever I make these pancakes no one seems to notice the lack of these two ingredients.
This is perhaps one of the only recipes that has wheat flour in it at this moment. I apologize if this doesn’t work with you. I am working on a wheat less version.
1/2 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup Soft White Whole wheat flour
1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour or soy flour
1/4 tsp. sea salt
4 tsp. baking powder
1 cups water
1/4 cups dandelion syrup
1/2 cup dandelion flowers (yellow part only)
Almond oil for frying
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
- Pour water into center.
- Mix together with a large wooden spoon.
- Mix only until moistened – taking care not to over mix (small lumps are normal).
- Pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the batter into a hot oiled frying pan.
- Fry on medium heat.
- Turn when bubbles form on top and brown other side.
- Serve with dandelion syrup.
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Have been teaching cooking classes worldwide since 1982. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.