Onions for Better Health says WHO
Onions are full of protective phytonutrients, vitamins, trace minerals, quercetin (an important flavonoid), chromium, and unique anti-inflammatory nutrients.
“An onion can make people cry, but there has never been a vegetable invented to make them laugh.” ~ Will Rogers
- Low in Saturated Fat, Sodium, and Cholesterol.
- High in Vitamin C, Dietary Fiber, Vitamin B6, Folate and Manganese.
- The nutritional value of onions make them ideal for weight loss and maintaining optimum health.
Health Benefits of Onions:
- Early American settlers used wild onions to treat colds, coughs, and asthma, and to repel insects.
- In Chinese medicine, onions have been used to treat angina, coughs, bacterial infections, and breathing problems.
According to the Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research
- WHO recognizes that onions help relieve symptoms such as coughs, congestion & respiratory infections.
- Sugar and onion-juice form a syrup, much used in domestic practice, for cough and other affections of the air-tubes among children.
Green Onion as Alternative Medicine:
- It is mainly used as a traditional medicine for common cold.
- It stimulates the respiratory tract and helps in expelling sputum (phlegm).
The onion also is a proven antioxidant and may be helpful in treating certain cancers.
For the full report: onion
Copyright © Diana Herrington You are welcome to share this article with anyone who you think may benefit from this information as long as you give credit to Real Food for Life by including the link to the home page www.RealFoodforLife.com or the direct link to this post.