Onions for Better Health says WHO
- Low in Saturated Fat, Sodium, and Cholesterol.
- High in Vitamin C, Dietary Fiber, Vitamin B6, Folate and Manganese.
- The nutritional value of onions make them ideal for weight loss and maintaining optimum health.
Health Benefits of Onions:
- Early American settlers used wild onions to treat colds, coughs, and asthma, and to repel insects.
- In Chinese medicine, onions have been used to treat angina, coughs, bacterial infections, and breathing problems.
According to the Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research
- WHO recognizes that onions help relieve symptoms such as coughs, congestion & respiratory infections.
- Sugar and onion-juice form a syrup, much used in domestic practice, for cough and other affections of the air-tubes among children.
Green Onion as Alternative Medicine:
- It is mainly used as a traditional medicine for common cold.
- It stimulates the respiratory tract and helps in expelling sputum (phlegm).
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Have been teaching cooking classes worldwide since 1982. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.