This is a very healthy dessert filled with healthy pears, coconut oil, oats and the hazelnuts go so well with the pears making it extra yummy.
In the fall I pick so many pears from a friends tree that I had get creative and this is one very yummy result.
5 cups pears
1. Core and slice pears.
2. Place pears in a baking dish.
1. Mix oil, rice syrup and stevia/water together in a bowl.
2. Add brown rice flour and salt to wet mixture.
3. Mix in well.
4. Add oatmeal and mix in well.
5. Mix thoroughly with fingers.
6. Sprinkle on top of fruit.
7. Sprinkle the chopped hazel nuts on top.
8. Pat down firmly.
9. Bake at 350º F. oven for approximately 40 minutes.
* Not all people who need to be gluten free have a problem with oats. For those that do there is an oatmeal that is considered gluten free.
P.S.S. Make sure the stevia is the non bitter kind. Stevia
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Have been teaching cooking classes worldwide since 1982. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.