Here is a fun and easy recipe to make. It’s always nice to have a few of these on hand.
1 cup chopped dried apricots
1 cup sultanas
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 Tbsp. coarsely grated orange rind, preferably organic
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
3/4 cup chopped raw pecans or walnuts
+ 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Combine apricots, raisins, juice and orange rind in a small bowl.
- Cover and let stand for 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- In a food processor or blender, chop the mixture finely and mix in 1 1/2 cups of coconut and all the pecans or walnuts.
- Form about 1 tablespoon of the mixture into balls, roll in remaining coconut.
- Let stand on parchment paper to dry for 8 hours or overnight.
(Can be stored in airtight containers, each layer on parchment paper, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.)
This is one of Diana’s 10 Favorite Sweet Healthy Holiday Deserts.
Two others in this group of ten are:
About Diana Herrington
I am the Founder and Author at Real Food For Life. Have been teaching cooking classes worldwide since 1982. Create original, healthy recipes and menus, which are gluten free and white sugar free. Also, the author of the GREEN means LEAN and Balance Your Body e-books. I turned a debilitating health crisis into a passion for helping others with healthy, sugar free, gluten free eating and cooking.